Stinky stinky....lol

My garbage disposal stinks! And I dont even use it that often! It just smells really rotten and I cant get it to smell any better. I have tried grinding citrus down it, but that doesnt help any. Well, it might help for a couple of hours, but thats it! Is there anything else I can do to make it smell better? Cuz my kitchen is right at the apartment door and its the first thing people smell when they come in...I'm rather embarrassed about it

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 1:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try baking soda. Wash it down with either vinegar or lemon juice. I put about a cup of ice cubes in mine with about a half cup of baking soda, and grind it all up together. It helped my sink disposal a bunch!! (put the ice and baking soda in first so when the vinegar goes in it foams up and loosens any deposits in there.)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I use those citrus balls that are made to put in your disposal. But Veronica...sounds like a good idea too!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• there are little scrubby brushes you can buy that are round try scrubbing the underside of the rubber seal once a week and only use it if you have to. i just use comet cleanser or bleach once a week with a good scrubbing.
    Anonymous

• You may need to use it more often. You've probably got some gunk caked up in the pipe. Pour some bleach down it. Let it sit for a while before rinsing it. so this about once a week to keep the goop off.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2009