Would 1 glass of wine be okay?

I am 37 wks preggo. I was wondering would it be safe too drink a glass of wine? what kind if so? would this put me into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I asked my doc when I was preggo if it was ok and he told me no, and he said that there is no way he could ethically ever recommend it. I'm just telling you what my doc told me when I asked cuz a lot of my coworkers were like yeah go for it it's all good. but the doc looked at me crazy when I asked him that. I would just go by what your doctor says.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 1:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It will not put you in labor, but I think it should be fine. I had one glass when I was like 38 or 39 weeks. It calmed me down b/c I was real stressed. My baby turned out fine with no problems.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if it will put you in labor, but I, personally, think a glass of wine is fine. I know many on here will freak out about it... I would have had wine during my pregnancies if even the smell of it didn't cause instant and severe heartburn for me...ugh.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• my OB and midwife both told me it was OK to have one glass of wine.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• one glass on wine when ? a day a week a mnth ? how often
    Anonymous

• Yes (just 1, 1/2 full glass) its safe but does not onset labor!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have heard that doctors sometimes recommend drinking 1 glass of red wine. I would call and ask just to be sure.
    Anonymous

• for me, I was told I could have one a day (to calm my nerves) but I probably only had one a week. I don't really like wine.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• one glass of wine every hour lol
    jokes...
    Some people say its fine some say it's not. I personally wouldnt drink any whether its one glass or one sip. I just don't see the point. The wine will taste better once the baby is out and healthy but that again is just my opinion.
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 2:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I personally chose not to drink at all while pregnant. However I don't think one glass of wine your entire pregnancy would hurt you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009