Do you, or have you, worked with your SO before?

I've currently applied for, interviewed, and am waiting to hear back on a job were I would be working in the same office as my husband. It's a fairly big office so our contact with each other would be limited. I'm just wondering if anyone is currently or has worked with the SO other before. And, how does/did that work for you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Not in that sense.
    We work together at home. He owns a business and I help him run it.
    Anonymous

• I was a temp at my husbands company but I was brought in because I worked at a bank and they had to fire someone because she stole from the company. I was a SAHM at the time and my in laws watched the baby so I could help the company out for about 2 months while they found someone. I only worked 3 days a week and then 2 days from home and I loved it. However because I was new to being a mom it was hard on me after a while and I just couldn't wait to be home with my baby. It was good because we took 1 car to and from work.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 1:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have worked directly with my husband @ a hotel. He was my boss, but I am a good worker and he knew he could call me anytime to fill in, when someone called in sick. So it was good for him, but I would not work for or with him again. When i was at work, I couldn't talk about home stuff or family and when I was at home I couldn't talk about work stuff. It turned out that we had nothing to say at the end of the day. Sure when we talked about people, fromwork I could really relate, because I knew them. If you think that you will not run into him much than I would say do it. Remember you can not tell everyone everything about your husband, since you don't know who he knows.

Westsidemama

Answer by Westsidemama at 1:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My husband and I worked for the same company twice before. Everyone knew us as the married couple. We worked in different stores, but occasionally we'd have to be in the same store. It was alright. We both were Managers. We both have our own way of doing things. If I was in his store, I'd follow his lead, and he would follow mine if he were in my store. It really wasn't that bad. It was kind of nice though because if one of us was sick, then we'd sub in for the other. I know our situation was different from yours, you're wanting to work in the same office. If you have a strong relationship though, then you should be fine. It's not for everyone.
    Anonymous

• We did, it's how we met. We worked in different depts. then eventually the same, actually I was his supervisor for a short time, HR knew. That's the thing we weren't married yet, but lived together. People knew we were close, having lunch sometimes. But we kept our relationship to ourselves. to not jeopardize it, and not let people get involved. As long as HR knows, no one else needs to know your marital status. Though our relationship did get leaked by ppl with blabber mouths. By then we had already lived together for 2 yrs. If you feel the need to tell people, then do. But you'd be suprised if ppl treat you different if they didnt know you were married to eachother

Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would love to work with my busband again.. We haven't worked together since College. That was fun.. Not since though.. I'd do it for sure if I could see him now and then during the day and maybe go for lunch with him too.. It would be nice..
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 2:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My hubby and I met at work. We worked together for years - along with my mother and sister... Yeah, that was fun... It worked out just fine. Lovey time is at home and when we were at work we work... No conflict. No issues.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• my hubby and I worked together for a short time it was not a good mix. I would never work out of the house as a team because you just expect more from the other person. We just faught all the time it wasn't good.
    Anonymous