Question for busy moms

I was putting some thought into a home based business and i was wondering how many busy moms would be interested in purchasing premade homemade casseroles etc. that youcan just put in the oven to heat and eat. would love some opinions on this as i love to cook and think this may be a good idea to get started.

jessica91484

Asked by jessica91484 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would buy it!!!!! (-:
    MomAgainAgain

Answer by MomAgainAgain at 1:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think it is a good idea! But we are pretty picky eaters in my family. Would they be completely pre-made or made to order type things?
    Anonymous

• Can't you buy that stuff at the store already?? In the deli section, and the frozen food section. It sounds like a good idea but I would be afraid of sue happy people, pretending your food made them sick etc... A lot of risk involved.
    Anonymous

• it would be made to order. I would have a list of available dishes and adjust them to customers specifications
    jessica91484

Answer by jessica91484 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

jessica91484

Answer by jessica91484 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I know u can buy them frozen etc but if anyone is like me they would rather have something homemade and healthy I would also give reciepts with a printout stating I am not liable for allergic reactions etc.
    jessica91484

Answer by jessica91484 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

jessica91484

Answer by jessica91484 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well...I guess I would try that service if someone I knew was doing this, but I'd be a little weirded out buying food from a stranger.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I probably wouldn't buy food from a stranger cooking out of their own kitchen. But if you were able to sell them at bazaars or craft shows or something, it could be popular. If you go into the food business though, your kitchen has to be inspected and pass some pretty strict regulations and you need a food handlers license, among other things.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 2:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• At my husbands work, a lady comes by with a menu for the next day. The guys check off who wants it. It's like $5-8 a dish depending on what she fixes for lunch. She does good. They come in nice plastic containers and she picks them up the next day when she passes the menu around. You could go to different car dealerships and do this. (that's his business) Many of them are single men and want a homecooked meal! She serves a meat, and 2 veges. Good luck!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2009