What should I pack to take to the hospital?

Ok, so I already have the baby's diaper bag packed, it's been packed for like 3 weeks now. But I haven't packed my bag yet and I'm 37 weeks and 2 days along, so I figure it's about time to start packing my stuff. What all did you pack in your bag? I want to make sure I have everything I need. Thanks.

Mommy2Serenity

Asked by Mommy2Serenity at 1:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didnt want to wear those hospital gowns that open in the back everyone to see my butt. i wore it to give birth and after i had my first shower i got back into regular clothes. so here is what i brought..... i live about an hour away from the hopsital....

jogging pants in a dark color incase you have a pad leak, underwear that i didnt care if i had to throw away, t shirts, a few pair of socks, my own shampoo and conditioner, body wash, deodearnt, toothbrush/paste, make up, a few extra hair ties, my own maxi pads (the ones the hospital gives you are terriably huge and uncomfortable)
    i also packed a few changes of cloths for my husband so he could shower too. pack him a few extra shirts incase baby decides to spit up on daddy. or in my case pee in him.

i also brought my camera, cell phone charger, laptop so i could email my babys picture to family and friends, and to keep DH from being so board.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I didn't take anything. The hospital provided me with everything

Answer by admckenzie at 1:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Take two changes of clothes and alot of underwear. If you have a nice robe and slippers, bring those as well. If you're into reading, bring some magazines or a book. If you're into music, bring some cd's or your iPod. The stuff like lotion, shampoo, etc. don't need to be included, the hospital usually provides that kind of thing. But make sure you've got your hairbrush, toothbrush, perfume, glasses or contacts, that kind of thing. Good luck!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 1:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• ok then putting aside baby stuff: bring for yourself.... socks, changes of underwear, change of clothes, extra maxi pads and shower supplies (they are usually provided but it's always nice to have your own stuff...), you might be too distracted, but bring along a book, movie or music, bring a camera and baby book, a bathrobe, address book to call relatives ("the baby is here")... thats all I can think of
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• its true. You dont need anything really unless you want to put makeup on or some special hair products for the shower. i took a robe to walk around in.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• All you need is loose clothing and your own showering stuff, and comfy shoes. Hot food for after delivery(day you go in). They supply you with pads.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I packed comfy shoes and clothes, a toothbrush with toothpaste, deodorant, soaps and shampoos, sanitary pads (cuz the ones at the hospital are kinda uncomfy) and some makeup. =)
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 2:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I took my own pillow, my own comfy clothes, pj bottoms and t-shirts, I did not want to be in a nightie or robe, too many visitors, tooth brush, blow dryer etc. I had my 5th baby in 06 and was so caught up in making sure that everyone at home had food and rides to school etc, I forgot to pack underware! My DH had to go home and pack a bag for me. I also took magazines and a book, however if this is your first baby you most likely won't have time for any of that nonsense you will be too buys learning the ropes. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I brought my own blanket and pillow, snacks, travel size shampoo/conditioner, toothepaste/brush, hairbrush, deodorant, an outfit to go home in and a pair of pjs (most of the time I just stayed in a gown though, so I didn't stain my clothes) socks, old undies, camera, deck of cards. You don't need to bring pads, they give you some and when I ran out of the ones the gave me I was sad, I could not find any like them in a store.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Aside from baby stuff.... For myself I took my pillow. Lots of underwear ( ones that you do not mind if they get stained. Tshirt and pj shirts, because I promise after you have your child you will not want to be in the open back gown anymore.Comfy slippers and a robe. Magazines, baby books, laptop. I did not bring any of my own tolitry items except for toothbrush and toothpate because they provided all of that! Good luck!
    Kerind22

Answer by Kerind22 at 7:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2009