Should I take him to the doctor?

My baby is 4 months old. On Sunday night, I noticed he had a runny nose (right now it's stuffy and you can hear the boogers when he breathes and I have tried taking them out but I can't take out all of them), felt a little warm, and he started coughing too (dry cough). I gave him infants Tylenol and he's not warm anymore but he still has a runny nose and a cough. Should I take him to the doctor or should I just wait it out and see if the Tylenol does anything? I'm a first time mom so I wouldn't know about this stuff. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you was to take him to the doctor, the only thing they can do is put him on congession? drops. It really depends on how bad you think he is congested
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 1:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You can't do much for a cold. I would wait it out and see unless you notice touble breathing.
    Things to help him now...
    Saline drops in the nose and then suck it out (helps thin it out and makes it easier to suck)
    Humidifier in his room
    sleep at an incline... a pillow under the matress works well, or sleep in a bouncy chair or swing while congested.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• my daughter is 5 months and I took her to the dr when she had a runny nose and all her dr did was tell me to give her saline solution up her nose. and tylenol when she has a fever. A good thing you can use to get all of her boggies out is the Little Noses saline soultion by Little Remedies.

I hope he feels better.
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 2:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Sounds like a cold or similar. I say keep an eye on his temp and use a bulb syringe to suck out his nostrils. Also, a warm bath and a little menthol (made for babies/kids) will help loosen up his congestion. If he gets way worse or his fever gets high see a dr.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would stop giving him Tylenol, keep him wrapped up and warm and use a oil burner with some eucalyptus in to help him breathe. I would also elevate him at night potentially if it helps him to breathe.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009