HELP!! Tips!

So I had contractions for like 4 hours this morning, and my midwife sent me to L&D to be monitored. well of course as soon as i got there the contractions were few and far between and minimal in strength. they checked my cervix though and im 50% effaced and like a cm dialated. I want her out NOW! I cant take it anymore. any tips on how to get dialated more quickly? and my husband is deployed for 2+ more weeks so sex is out of the question right now.. anything would be great! :/

USMC_Elisa

Asked by USMC_Elisa at 1:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe try walking around?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• congrats mama! I'd say try and hold on! you are almost there and I know how the last trimester feels like the longest and you JUST WANT IT OVER WITH! I was overdue and I self-induced myself by simply massaging ontop of my ankles. this form of reflexology triggers the uterus area. I had my baby the next day!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• ask them for one of those balls that they use for crunches at the gym so you can bounce on it that might help or walking around some anything that is active could actually get you further your pregnancy
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• walking, nipple stimulation, i heard camomile tea brings on contraction but have never tried it because i just learned this. Hope that helps a little. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Power walking.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I am right where you are! I've tried everything and this baby is stubborn. Hopefully soon!
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 1:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Lovey, I hate to break this to you, but just sitting here I am dialated to 1 lol. Once you have a baby...I have 5...you are never NOT dialated again lol. All kidding aside, I feel your pain. I was over due by 4 days with my 3rd. Finally I went to the doctor and said "look, there is a 4 day old person inside of me, get it out!" He stripped my membranes and I had her within 24 hours. You are most likely having Braxton Hicks contractions...good practice for your body. When you can't walk, talk, or sleep through a contraction that is how you know it is the real deal. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i was ten days over due so finally i looked it up on the internet :drive on a very bumpy road walk walk walk walk clean on your hands and knees bounce on a exercise or medicine ball if you have one eat spicy foods and walk walk walk i did all this stuff had her within 24 hours congrats!!!
    maryjoan2157

Answer by maryjoan2157 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• maybe TMI but will self pleasure help at all?? I have no husband to do it right now, but i do have me..
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 2:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Walking, walking, walking really helped me. Everytime I would sit down they would stop. So, just keeping walking. Good Luck
    Anonymous