That's right! I called the cops on him!

So I have the most disrespectful neighbor. We live in a duplex and I hardly ever hear the neighbor EXCEPT when he has people over. The other evening I put up with the surround sound .. 11pm came.. I kindly knock on the wall to give him a friendly PLEASE TURN IT DOWN.. he knocks back and turns it up even more. So yep I called the cops lol. ANYONE ELSE HAVE A DISRESPECTFUL NEIGHBOR???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NOPE! LoL I own my own home in the country..before I bought my home I lived in a duplex and hadda some few choice words with some rude neighbors
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 1:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• good job mama! you did the right thing. playing loud music in a duplex at that hour is unecessary and disrespectful! when SO and I lived near the ghetto our neighbors played their mexican music very loud and one night we called the cops on them and they didnt do it since.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• 11pm on a weekend or weekdaY?
    Anonymous

• yes i live in an apt. building and my upstairs neighbors have 3 kids that stomp back and forth through the entire house until one in the morning i tried saying something and it stopped for one night!
    maryjoan2157

Answer by maryjoan2157 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We have a kid who lives below us and EVERY night he is blasting music and being loud. And he knows I have a 4 year old! The police have been called here about it SEVERAL times. He just doesn't care. But he blasts his crap, and they all yell to each other so you can hear their convos as if they are standing in the same room. He doesn't even care. And will do it til about 6am!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We live in an apartment. My neighbors on the other side of my kid's room know not to blast their music. They did it quite frequently when we first moved in. I would go around, knocking on doors asking where the music was coming from. I knew where it was coming from, but they always lied to me and the manager here about it. Well, everyone else has moved out except for them (probably because of them) and the music continued. They haven't done it in a long time though...every time they would start it and it would last even one minute past 10 o'clock, then I would be on the phone with the cops. They (my neighbors) think I am a crazy lady....but you know what? When you're blasting your music and it's shaking my baby's crib, we've got a serious problem here. Like I said, they don't do it anymore...they got tired of the cops banging on their door.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I called the cops on my neighbor because he and his friends were riding four wheelers and dirt bikes at midnight! In the pitch black darkness! Not only is that dangerous, but it was loud. My husband had been drinking with them earlier in the day, so he was passed out. My daughter woke up from all of the noise. I couldn't wake up my husband to go confront them, so I called the cops. My neighbor hates me now and I wish he didn't, but...it's his fault! He should've apologized instead of getting angry with me.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 2:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• And here, during the week, anything past 10 at night that is excessive noise is against noise ordinance and anything past 11 at night on the weekends is too. Our apartments have very strict rules about it and the police back them up.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Hey, at least you came over to ask him to turn it down. In my single days when we would have parties, our neighbors wouldn't say hey it's too loud or anything, they would just complain to the apartment manager or call the cops. If he's such an ass that he can't be thankful that you were considerate enough to say hey it's too loud and I don't wanna be a d-bag by not at least trying to talk to you, then he deserved to have the popo called on him.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 2:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It was during the week. and he is 33 years old and an instructor in the military. I would think he would have more respect then that!
    Anonymous