Overbearing Friend

I have a friend that I really like. But she does daycare and is home all week, I work fulltime out of the home. We both have 2 teenage sons. Due to the fact that she is home all week she wants to come over every single saturday! It is driving me crazy as I have so much to catch up on during the weekends... I don't want to hurt her feelings. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Just tell tell her you have so much to catch up on. Maybe she can help you? Or if you aren't wanting her around plan for another Saturday.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would tell her that you have plans on the Saturdays that you need to caught up on things.On the Friday before so she wont come over. That you love seeing her you just have some things you really need to do without her.
    MommyLance

Answer by MommyLance at 2:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• ok i admit i dont like the people in my neighborhood but i have this frenemie in this other neighborhood that i roam over to.our daughters are friends.so when she is invited over sometimes i wonder in.i am not over bearing just a little lonely.well she just says your daughter can come over to play but i am doing what ever right now.which i respect and i just come back later to pick her up. so im sure that she knows she is doing it.just say it nicely.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would tell her that you're busy on weekends but that you'd like to find time to spend with her. Then schedule a Saturday several weeks out to go out to lunch or something. That should let her know you are not able to just hang out every weekend, but still not hurt her feelings. If she doesn't catch on, you may need to be more blunt. :)
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 2:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would just tell her the truth. "Saturday is the only day I have to get things done around the house, and I am really behind here. I simply don't have any time to play this week." Just be sure that it is the truth. It would be really embarrassing if you ran into her at the mall.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009