how often

how often do you send your kids to their grandparents??or other family members houses and how long do they stay there??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We don't live anywhere near family, so it would be once or twice in the few weeks we go to visit every other summer.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I only send them during the weekends and only when the grandparents ask for a visit. I rarley send them just because. The longest they stay is ONE NIGHT!
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• once a month and just over night. I wish it was more he misses his grandparent(both sides) but they never really take him much. Not since the new baby came. You know how it is though. Before her he use to go every other weekend, and got really close to everyone.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Almost never. My kids have stayed with their grandparents I think once (they're 7 and 9) and my mom came and stayed with them for a week while we went to Las Vegas earlier this year. Other than that, our grandparents are not the babysitting type.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 2:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• never... the grandparents have all passed away (on both sides) so my kids don't have any grandparents. They have an Aunt that lives 2 hours away, but she isn't the baby sitting type. In ten years since I had my first child she has never offered to baby sit (not even when my 2nd child was in the hospital, and I am a single mom) and it isn't because my kids aren't good kids. She just doesn't like kids. (not even her own kid! She sent him to his Grandma's when he was 5 and he still lives there at age 18)

It would be nice to have the kids occasionally go to spend the night at someone else's house, but that just isn't in the cards for us. If you DO have a regular babysitter like that, then Thank Your Lucky Stars for that!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• my mom and grandma want my child to come over all the time when its born my mom said everyday and i said iam going to have to mother it sometime lol
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My son asks his grandma every weekend if he can spend the night with her! But of course she can't take him every weekend so she tries to pick him every other weekend and sometimes he'll spend the whole weekend with her if she is up to it.
    Anonymous

• My children stay with my mother-in-law quite often, including overnights, as she lives nearby and they get on so well. They also stay with friends sometimes, but only for one overnight, and sometimes we have two of their children to stay with us.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Ours go to their Dads 2 weekends a month and 6 weeks in the summer, their Granny lives there so they get to have some time with her... On my side my parents are both deceased so I'm glad they have her on their Dads side. As for Hubby's parents they live about 2000 miles away so they only see them a couple times/yr... So when they're home they are with us, we don't get a sitter or anything, we have plenty of time to ourselves, and we soak up as much time with them as we can...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 2:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Never.
    We don't live near any family.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2009