Need to know more about a SUV. Do you have one? Like a Tahoe or explorer or something.

We're finally getting one and we don't know which is best. We need a V8 that will haul a boat and camper and preferably with a 3 row seat. Also we want fairly good gas milage. Do any of you own a bigger SUV and can give me any advice?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 2:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a durango. I didnt get the 3rd row seat but now wish I would have. It has a V8 and as long as we keep the oil changed and it tuned up the gas mileage is pretty good. We can average about 25 miles on the high way and around 19 or 20 in the city...
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have an Explorer. I love it. It's a v8 and seats 7. The only complaint I have is with the 3rd row up there is no room for anything else. I get 20+ mpg.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My friend has an escalade with 3rd row seating and it will pull a boat or loaded trailer. Not sure on MPG...I think it's about 20.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• V-8's usually dont get good gas milage. it depends on if you want it to hold it's value or not. If so buy a toyota or a nissan. I had a trail blazer (v-6) and only got 13 mpg!! SUCKED! Chevys and fords loose their value FAST! (i work at a car lot) You dont get crap for them at trade in time. That's why the used ones are so cheap. I did own a 98 eddie baurer edition and loved it though.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009