how early is too early to have braxton hick contactions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its never to early its just your body getting ready for the babies birth...how far along are you???it might not be braxton hick contractions it might just be the baby "moving" deoends on how far along you are...
    Anonymous

• i dont mean never i mean its probably not to early
    Anonymous

• it never hurts to call the Dr- everyone told me at 5 months it was braxton -hicks and it turned out that I was in actual labor :) better to be safe and call
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 2:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Braxton Hicks contractions, I have read, can begin as early as the second trimester. I think it widely depends on your body and how much "preparation" it needs to birth a baby. Also, if you have a naturally small pelvis, it may feel similar to BH when it's just your body growing and stretching. BH feel very similar to plain ole baby cramps and backaches related to an expanding uterus. If they are SEVERE, however or they are coming in regular intervals I would seek medical help to rule out preterm labor. Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• OP

i am 22 weeks and haveing twins. i never really had them with my other childeren, but i really do think they are braxton hicks. they are like maybe 1-2 times per day for about the last week. it takes my breath away sometimes, and i have to set down and rub my back and sides.
    Anonymous

• go to the DR. i too am having twins and i thought i was just having braxton hicks turned out i was actually having REAL contractions and went into preterm labor. i was bout as far along as you are too
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• you're more than likely gonna get put on bed rest too and pelvic rest
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009