my 4 month old weighs 15 lbs , is this normal?

He isnt fat but just big all over.. My back really hurts from lifting him all the time, and usually I have to feed him laying down on the bed. Ive also been having urine leaks on and off ,I did bring this up to my doc and he said most likely it will get better but ordered an xray of my back anyways. Is there anything i can do so my back doesnt hurt as bad? i cant avoid lifting him. also was wondering if hes in the normal weight range?

he will be 5 months on the 9th of next month

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its the same roange my daughter is in and shes in the right rang so i would say yea hes in the right range of weight...as long as he is growing length wise he is fine and healthy...idk about the back thing bcause i have the same problem and i dont know how to fix it...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i am not sure if it is normal, but my oldest when she was 5 months she was 18 pounds lol so it is normal to me now she is 4 years old and achually underweight she is 33 pounds so if he is big now maybe he will be small when he starts walking around. You have to remember to babies are big until they start walking, once they start walking they walk and running they run off that baby weight so I wouldn't worry to much until about the age of 3 or 4, but I think he is fine.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Go see a chiropractor.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My son weighed 17 lbs at 4 months.
    I would go to a chiropractor (sp) my DH hurt his back and it helped him a TON
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My son weighed 15lbs at 4 months. He is 7 months and weighs 18lbs now. So, yes, I think it's normal. For myself I would probably see a chiropractor and massage therapist.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months old and not quite 17 pounds
    Anonymous

• my little guy was 16lbs at 4months, and 20 at 6, he just turned two and now weighs 29lbs... he'll slow down eventually.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2009