I am Kinda scared. Can someone help?

My daughter is 5 1/2 months old. She won't roll over. I try and try to encourage her but she just wont roll over. I feel like she is always going to just lay there. Alot of babies I know rolled over around 3 or 4 months. Does this mean she wiil learn slow? Im scared someone please give me advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't worry about it my son was the same way when he was that age. If I recall correctly he didn't start to roll over until he was 6 1/2 months. It will be ok she'll get it and soon you wont be able to stop her.
    Anonymous

• all babies learn on their own pace! try not to compare your baby with others. she will roll over soon enough! continue encouraging her and show positive reinforcement when she tries or does! do you have one of those playmat gyms with hanging toys? my son rolled over very well when he was on that because of the bright colors.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Don't worry about it. My son rolled at 6 months and since the hasn't stopped! Crawed at 6 months, cruising at 7 months and now standing on his own at 9 months... I'm pretty sure he'll be walking by 10 months!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Try not to worry my friends daughter started rolling around 10 months...all babies are different and learn at different speeds and learn different things and different times. She may excell in her speech instead.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My friend's baby was 9 months when he could finally rolled over on purpose, and it was the day before (literally, 1 day before!) he started walking. At 8 months he could pull up, cruise, sit up on his own, do all this stuff... but if he accidentally got turned onto his back while sleeping, he'd lie there like a little bug flailing his arms. Babies don't come here with specific instructions on how to figure out their bodies... they all take such different approaches to it. It doesn't mean he's slow. He may be slower to hit some of his other physical milestones, but not necessarily. Don't feel scared, feel proud of the things he is learning. You'll have plenty of years to chase him around.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• sorry... She.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Does she get a lot of tummy time? Put her on the floor on her tummy. She might hate it; if she screams, get down on the floor and make faces at her. put a couple of toys down. Tummy time is necessary to help build up the muscles needed for other activities.

Now for the important part. Do not ever compare any child to any other child, and don't let anyone compare their child to yours.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2009