CHRISTIANS - help please... Struggling Christian here...

I have been a Believer my whole life. My dad is a Nazarene Pastor so I grew up in church. I have not been a perfect Christian or even close... if you have ever heard the saying "Pastors kids are the worst" then ya, that was me... But lately I have been trying to get right. I recently quit smoking and using bad language and really want to get right with him. But I just don't feel Him there when I'm praying lately... I feel so desperate for Him but I feel like I can't find Him. I think I'm afraid too that I'm going to mess up AGAIN and have to ask for forgivenss AGAIN and I feel very unworthy and like I shouldn't even try or ask becuase I know I'm just gonna mess up again and disapoint Him again... I don't even really know for sure what my question is I guess I just need encouragement right now and some Christian friends that I can talk to... Thanks for listening...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• PM me if you would like some support.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Oh and for anyone that is not a Christian that might read this, I am not questioning my faith. I am and always will be a firm believer so don't use this as more "proof" that God is not real or whatever else... thanks.
    Anonymous

• I've been feeling that way lately, PM me, I understand
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i have been ther, that place where you feel like the is a invisible wall between you and god, but be encouraged, someone told me that as women we tend to do everything based on FEELINGs , its in us to feel but you must understand that because you dont feel him means that he is not there, he promised in his word that " i will never leave or forsake you". but i think somtimes all the sin in our life can dull iur senses, to the point where we are not as sensitive to his presence as we should be. but the devil wants us to belive that god has turned his back on us, but thats a lie! dont belive it. god loves you, not because of who you are or are not, but because of who he is. it is just in him ti love us unconditionally even when we screw up. so just forget about a feeling and do whats right. be encouraged.
    angelfood33

Answer by angelfood33 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We all start again every morning, so there is no need for you to fear messing up again. One thing I think might really help you is to remember back to the time when you asked Jesus to be your Lord and Savior. Then, in a notebook or a journal, write down today's date and make a note that today you reaffirmed your salvation experience with Jesus Christ. Then, write in there that you are confessing that you have gotten away from your walk with God, and that as of today, you want to start that walk afresh. Then, every day for a while, reaffirm that to yourself. If you mess up, ask for forgiveness for what you messed up that day. There is no condemnation to those of us who are in Christ Jesus. If we will confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteouness. We are made right through the blood of Jesus and not through anything that we can do.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think you need to let go of all the guilt, and all the worry. We're not perfect, we won't ever be, but God loves us anyway. That's the glory of it - we could never earn or deserve His love and grace and goodness, yet He gladly bestows it anyway.
    I don't believe a relationship with Him is supposed to be centered on guilt and worry, but rather love and joy. He loves you even in your imperfection, and He's there with His arms wide open, to accept you as you are and to wash you clean!!!
    Its not something to be scared of or to feel guilty about, its something to rejoice in, for He is glory and majesty and love!!!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• angelfood you described it perfectly... it is like I have become numb after so many years of sin and now there is an invisible wall
    Anonymous

• When God seems distant...
    "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
    Joshua 1:5

God admits that sometimes he hides his face from us.This is a normal part of the testing and maturing of your friendship with God. I would use this time to strengthen my faith.JMPO.

"I go east,but he is not there.I go west,but i cannot find him.i do not see him in the north for he is hidden.i turn to the south,but I cannot find him.But he knows where I am going.And when he tests me like gold in a fire.he will pronounce me innocent."
    Job 23:8-10

God has said"I will never leave you; I will never abandon you."
    Hebrews 13:5

I hope this helps.God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We all make mistakes. Like a parent he will pick us up, brush us off ,and help us learn from our mistakes together. Do not be afraid to make a mistake. That is how we grow. Just aim to please God as you would your parents. Make him proud.If you fall do not fret he enjoys being able to help you when you ask. Note you have to ask. Like all parents should. He waits patiently for you to turn to him instead of forcing you to listen or receive his guidance.God bless.

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Angelfood gave you a very good message! I have to agree with her 100%! Just because you don't feel Him doesn't mean that His isn't there. He is always, ALWAYS with us!!

I'm not really sure what a Nazarene church is, because I was raised in Pentecostal beliefs. I'm also a PK (preacher's kid) except my dad is a missionary, and used to be an associate pastor. So, like you, I have been on the wrong side of things too. But God will always take you back! He rejoices when we come back to Him!!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2009