Is it safe to carry a baby41 weeks 3 days?

I was due the 24th so im 3 days over due and starting to worry. My dr.s want to induce today and I told them as long as the baby is healthy my cut off day will be 41weeks and 3 days next monday.
Is this safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes its safe and they wont let yo do anything that is not safe as long as there is nothing wrong with the baby then you are fine...they dont likeayone carrying a baby longer then 2-3 weeks oer their due date thats why they discussed inducing...i was induced thats how i know...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I went to 42 weeks before my doc made me get induced.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• NO!!!! The longer the baby stays in, the bigger he or she gets and could cause you to get c-section! I understand you want a healthy baby but there is a ligitimate reason your doc wants to induce!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i was induced with my first baby a exactly 42 weeks... and she was 6 lb 8 oz .... she had pink eye when she was born but that's all.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i wouldn't even induce if i was you. it's perfectly normal to go passed 40 weeks. remember EDD stands for "estimated" due date. it's never correct. some women don't have their babies until 43 weeks. just take this time to rest. sleep all you can, bc once baby is here, you won't even know what that word means. obviously since your baby hasn't come yet, he/she isn't ready. and don't let the dr pressure you into anything you don't want to do.
    Anonymous

• 42 weeks is normal human gestation. I wouldn't even consider an induction before then, unless there were medical reason and fear of a *big* baby is ridiculous lol. the ACOG doesn't even recommend augmenting labor unless the baby is guessed to be over 11 lbs.

Your doctor has no legitimate reason to hurry your labor, unless there is something you are not telling us. Inducing because you are past the 40 week *guess* is out of convenience for him.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• They say 42 weeks is safe. But if your dr tells you to get induced they probably know what they are talking about since due dates are not 100 percent accurate your baby could be further along then expected.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 2:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• That's not true Nikky, doctors induce out of habit and convenience. If her baby is healthy, there is no reason to induce at all...Doctors do not always have the patients best interest in mind.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009