Potty Training @ 11 Months Old?

My daughter has been walking for a month now and will be 11 months on Thursday. Well today she's started taking her diaper off but only if it is wet. Is she ready to be potty trained? Anyone else potty train this early?

prettylilrae

Asked by prettylilrae at 2:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you might get alot of no's on here or that it can't be done at this age but honestly do what you feel is ready I started my first at 11 months and my second at 10.5 months. My first was fully potty trained other than bedtime and naptime by 19 months old my youngest is 15 months and she was doing really good but she cought Rotavirus she had it for about 3 weeks so we had to stop for a while cause she was also dehyrated so we had to give her a lot of gatorade so we stopped and now my oldest is going to be 4 on Wednesday and with her party and everything we are going to start potty training again after the party is over I do put her on sometimes and she does go she is 15 months. They didn't show signs I just started doing it then they done it too a lot of praise and exitment helps a lot i think. I also think the earlier you train the easier JMO. I mean what do you think they did back then and some where trained at 9 months
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It is possible and worth trying.

Here is a link to get you started: http://www.naturalfamilyonline.com/articles/potty-infant.htm
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• wow she is an early bloomer definately start trying but dont push her she is already so smart! wow good luck
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would introduce her to the potty and encourage her for sure! Especially if she is showing interest in staying clean! My son started taking his diaper off around 18 months when it was wet-he is now fully potty trained and he'll be 3 in June.

Good luck!
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would start... we plan on training my son this summer when he is 10-11 months. They used to train kids MUCH ealier... 13-18 months old was average time to be trained... but with disposable diapers people got lazy and let there preschoolers still wear diapers.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I don't think that I could have trained my sons any faster-I don't think it is a matter of laziness. When the kid is ready. It is different for every child.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with you Jenn. It all depends on the child. My son has been in little pants around the house for a few months and he can make the connection with the potty but has no interest in it whatsoever! Hes coming up to 18 months now...I am hoping over the summer he will "get it" but I am not going to force him. Next baby I will start from birth with ECing!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• At this age, it is called Elimination Communication, and is all about training parents, not kids. Our daughter was in diapers until she turned four (when she also started reading and figured out how to tie her shoes).

Answer by rkoloms at 3:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I did not force my children to use the potty. It sounds like your daughter is ready to begin potty training. My oldest was day potty trained by 10 months. My second and third weren't potty trained until after they turned 2.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2009