Does any of these symptoms sound like labor is nearing?

So this is my first baby, so I'm not sure if any of these symptoms are signs of labor nearing or not. First off I've been having terrible lower back pain and period like cramping off on for the last weeks, but seems as if each day it gets worse. My braxton hicks are getting stronger, before they just felt like pressure. Now they do hurt a little bit and are uncomfortable to sit through. I've been getting headaches for the past 2 days. I've been losing pieces of my mucus plug over the last week. I also get this shooting pain that starts below my belly button and works its way down. When my daughter moves I also sometimes feel the shooting pain. She is heads down, but I'm not sure if I've dilated or anything yet. I'll be getting checked on Friday for dilation. Also I barely get any sleep from being so uncomfortable at night. And I also have to pee A LOT more here in the past week. Any answers would be most helpful. Thank You.

Mommy2Serenity

Asked by Mommy2Serenity at 2:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• All of those symptoms you've mentioned happened to me in my 9th month of pregnancy. I always thought I was in labor...but someone told me that when I am I'll just KNOW. I didn't believe them and I thought everything that happened in my last month...losing my plug, etc. ment that I was in labor. Well, when I finally was in labor, it's true, you just KNOW! Lol. No secong guessing or questioning....and I lost my plug early in the month but didn't give birth until the last day of the month. Just sounds like your body is ready and you could probably POP any day now :) Good luck, and congrats!!! Keep your bags packed!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 2:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Sounds like it
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• if you think anything is wrong call the doc.. you dont want to just ask here.. or just stop by there office.. i would say that yess you need to go there.. Labor maybe not, but something is going on..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009