Indecisive Husband..please help :(

Well, my DH has been very very interested in going into the army. He has looked all into it, talked to recruiters, took his ASVAB and got a 77. He has been all about going into it, until he talked to one of his good buddies that was in for 6 years and told him not to do it. His friend told him that army wives become whores because they get lonely and that he will just all in all hate the army. I feel completely different. I know my DH will get so much out of joining and the experience will be a good thing for him. He doesn't have much going on here besides me and our son and he has said something is missing in his working life. I know this is it and I don't know how to tell him to just go for it...and not let one decision change his mind. Any advice, ladies?

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• i would just say that.. tell him just how you feel..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• 1st you and your son are not "not much" give your self more credit than that. 2nd if it is truely what he wants. Then tell him to go for it. He will never know until he tries but, most important it is a huge commitment for not only him but, you as well. Do you have a good support system for when he is gone for a year or two or God forbid if anything were to happen to him like a major wound or death. God Bless all who join to protect all who don't ;)
    Anonymous

• tell him exactly how you feel about it.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• If you've never had trust issues in your relationship before, I don't see why he thinks you would suddenly turn into a whore... just because his buddy's wife did? There are ways to stay connected when you're far away from each other. There are a bunch of army wife groups here on cafemom. Why don't you join one to ask them how they do it, and see if their husbands were worried about the same things.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• hmm i don't think it would be the right choice fore him either being he has a family and all. My husband was in the Army for 3 years till he got hurt however they are claiming it was pre existing and not doing a thing about it. However he had physicals before going in and never had any problems till he got hurt now they just claim he had it all along. kinda of funny... We went from having money to having nothing in a very short time and now he has to be careful of the jobs he works because of his tendons.
    Anonymous

• That is a lie not all Army wives are like that let alone military wives. If the marriage committment is there nothing can break that. There are tons of opportunities in all branches, even National Guard or Coast Guard if he doesn't want to take the full plunge and deploy. If he hasn't gone to college he could go to college getting paid and come out as an officer. Lots of different scenarios are available. My dh was in the USMC, after he got out he used a Veteran Grant for free college, plus the GI bill we used for cost of living in addition to working so for us as a family it worked out very well for that time in our life. Hope it works out well!
    eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 9:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009