When was the last time you experienced and act of Chivalry?

A senior citizen hold the door for me to get into the bank. Can you believe it. What about your anecdote?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I get the door held for me quite often, but I have three small kids and one is in a wheel chair. But, I have people watch me struggle with a heavy door just as often as I have someone offer to hold it for me. It doesn't bother me when people don't offer help, but it does bother me when they watch me struggle! (like stare at us the whole time!)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Just now when my friends and i were getting on the elevator, a man inside (instead of running off the elevator) stayed on and held the doors open for us, then got off! You don't see that too much these days....
    Anonymous

• This morning. My hands were full when I left work, and both a man and a woman held the doors open for me.

Answer by Bmat at 2:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Last week I called my debit card ( child support one ) and found out that my sons fathers state income tax was given to me ( the lord blessed me he has not paid in two years ) so I think that was Gods act of Chivalry to me now I will pass on a good deed my paying for my sons best friend to go to soccer with him this year his parents can not afford to send him this year so I believe in karma ;)

Anonymous

• Saturday, was at the library with my kids, and had trouble getting stroller out of trunk, this man stops in his car, and asks if need help. (older gentleman)
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I live in the South. We always hold the door, carry the bags, carry the books, say please, thank you, yes ma'am and no ma'am, call each other sweetie and sugar, and stuff like that. These are the "rules" you never break. I am glad to say I live in a place that chivalry is taught and practiced. I had forgotten how special that is. Thank you.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2009