YOU HAVE A NO LIES POLICY,BUT YOUR CHILD CATCHES YOU IN ONE

YOU FOUND YOURSELF IN A SITUATION THAT YOU FELT A WHITE LIE WAS NECESSARY, ONLY THING IS YOUR CHILD SAW YOU AND HEARD YOU LIE. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN IT WHEN YOU WON'T TOLERATE IT FROM THEM?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• tell them the swat team made you do it
    Anonymous

• tell him that you had to spare that persons feelings.. you wouldnt want that person to get hurt for the lie.. Or something to that nature id say..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with HottMama!!!!!!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It would depend on the white lie. Did I lie to someone else or did I tell him something that wasnt necessarily true? I guess this is a good argument for those who feel you shouldn't lie at all but sometimes you have to! I would just have to sit him down and explain the nature of the lie and explain why it's different from lies he might tell....does that make sense?!
    Anonymous

• This is a learning lesson for you. No lies policy is good but, sometimes not really the way life works. You were caught , own it , explain it, and be honest sometimes a lie is used to spare someone from pain or hurt. Just remember to tell the child to tell the truth about their problems they will be in less trouble if they tell the truth. But, they will be worse off if caught and they lied.
    Anonymous

• Apologize to your child and don't lie. It just isn't worth it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Use this as a teachable moment. Apologize to your son and apologize to the person youl lied to.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My kids know it is only ok to stretch the truth if it's to save someone from hurt feelings. That's the only time I stretch the truth too, so we have no problems.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 4:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Who cares. I'm mommy and I'll do as I please, You do what I tell you to do.

Thats what I'd tell my kid.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009