What is your one best piece of advice for a long, healthy marriage?

He is the man of my dreams (sexy, talented, kind, giving funny and full of love), we discuss issues but we don't argue about them, I am gaining a 10 y.o. step daughter and he travels for work (sometimes for weeks at a time). In your experience, what is the best advice you have ever received or could give? My Answer: My grandmother once told me that no matter how crazy things get, always make him feel like the most important thing in your world.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• you will always need a significant time apart but not too much and alone time helps.......discuss what you like about each other the most sometimes!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Dont ever make him choose between you or his daughter..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Don't try to change him, accept him for who he is. Work on things that you may need to change, I've learned to not force things on my step-daugter when she was young. In time we got along good, and had fun times together.
    Anonymous

• Love him and cherish your time together like he's dying tomorrow. ( I loved how you said, "you are gaining a step-daughter). More ladies should have your attitude when it comes to step families. Good luck to you!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Don't look for the perfect relationship.. Look for the perfection in him!
    Anonymous

• Don't be a nag it is unattractive and they won't hear it after a while anyway.
    Anonymous

• when you are first in a relationship you focus on the positive things after awhile people tend to focus on the negative things ie, doesnt like the way he chews his food;
    never stop focusing on the positive things
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Their will be up and downs! don't give up on the down times, work through them and live day by day. Keep an open mind and accept his faults as he is only human. Also have mutual consideration of eachother. Also be sure to use humor and laugh often.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Never stop talking. Communication is THE key to a marriage. It's great that you talk about everything already. Keep that up.

The number 2 key to a marriage is compromise. Always be willing to compromise.

Also remember to keep each other and your marriage as a priority, even when life gets crazy.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• "Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end."
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 3:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009