Is a Dyson vacuum worth the money?

I'm so tired of paying for disposable vacuums so I'm willing to pay money for a good one, but I don't want to spend big bucks on another vacuum that's just gonna crap out in a couple months. So do the Dyson models have the staying power to make it worth the money? I know a lot of you like Hoovers, but I've heard they lose suction power pretty quickly, do you agree?

jellyphish

Asked by jellyphish at 2:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• A Dyson is ttally worth the mney...they are wonderful..i dont have one but i know alot ofpeople that do and they are great...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Noway.. go for the rainbow vac.. it has out provd dyson in alot of test..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No, they really don't. And if they break, it costs a small fortune to get them fixed...Kenmore is actually an excellent brand. Costly too and can only get them at Sears, but they have an awesome warranty program. We love ours!! Upkeep isn't too expensive. We have a bagged one...never get bag less...half the stuff you just sucked up ends back in the air.
    Anonymous

• Well, I really like mine. No problems so far and we've had it for 2 years I think?
    MamaJAG

Answer by MamaJAG at 3:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have had my Dyson for 3 years..we have been building a new house for the last year and believe me...it has sucked up alot of stuff it should never have ...I would buy another one in a minute and am hoping to get one for my daughter...when the money comes.
    QuiltLover

Answer by QuiltLover at 3:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I've had my dyson animal for awhile now too and totally love it. I love the bagless and the super suction doesn't compare to my other vac's. i found a coupon for bed bath and beyond and saved $100!! hit the sale paper!
    aggiewife

Answer by aggiewife at 3:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My FIL sells them at Sears, and I'd buy one if I had the money. Then again, I'd be getting his discount. He is very successful at selling them and has shown me what it can do. I am convinced!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't trade my Kirby
    mimitothree

Answer by mimitothree at 4:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• They are amazing. Right now I have a bagless Bissell?? I'm not sure of the brand at the moment, but it is the pet hair one and it is pretty amazing too!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Love my animal!! It's very easy to clean. The hose feature is the best!!
    LEBulldog

Answer by LEBulldog at 6:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2009