• In the Spotlight:

If you're not supposed to take a shower during a thunderstorm...

...should you also not wash dishes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Never heard that before.
    Anonymous

• if there is a LOT of lightning close to my house, I don't bathe or wash dishes.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think they say not to do anything that causes you to come in contact with any incoming flow of water. As well as talking on the phone.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No water of any kind.. MAN thats a rule around here.. You could look at a shock from down under.. lol
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i never worry about it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Huh? These are things I've never heard before....Because a landline phone doesn't run off of electricity, and a cordless phone isn't attached to the base, therefore no flow of electricity. And running water??? Never even heard that. That's just weird to me, lol.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Hum..... I'd say don't do either... Check out myth busters website they've shown why you should NOT shower during a storm
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No, don't wash dishes. A friend of mine was shocked while washing her flatware. It's kind of cool though.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• A land-line phone does use electrical current to transmit the data. So you can be electrocuted via a corded phone.  Myth Busters looked at this and the water can transmit electricity and give you a pretty good jolt too.  It's not particularly likely, bit it can happen.  It's said to stay away from any electrical device and running water.

Anonymous

• My hubby is an electrician... And some of you are wrong. The lightning can come thru a phone. And it can go thru the water in your house. I saw my FIL phone blow up and it was a cordless. From lightning. It blew up our xbox.. Water is a conductor. Duh.
    Mommy-2-Jabe06

Answer by Mommy-2-Jabe06 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009