Your Child Makes You a Card, Is The mess worth it all?

Your child just handed you a card they worked on and made themselves, only thing is the coffee table is full of glue, marking pens, glidder. Is this worth it al with the permanent markers and glue that won't want to come off and glidder all over.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Of course it is.
    Anonymous

• Yes this came fromm thier heart. I would love it regardless of the mess. I can clean that up later, but I'll never get these yrs back.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• well yeah it is still worth it. you need to select one place inthe house she can do her art work. she is only expressing her creativity. buy her a desk she can sit at and do what ever it is she wants to do. buy her an art desk.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• In a heart beat. Cherish everything they make for you... because it's you they are thinking of when the glitter and glue is flying..... it's a memory and a precious on, hang on to it and the card.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• always worth the mess and if it dont come up then you will just have more than one memory of your childs kind heart
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yes, it is worth it!!

For the glue and glitter, unless its super glue, warm water will work. you may have to let it soak a little to loosen it.

For the permanent marker, try a magic eraser. I don't let my kids use permanent markers anymore. I keep lots of washables on hand when they want to do arts and crafts.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• glitter. and of course it is
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• OH YEAH.... I got plastic table cloths at walmart for $1.00 each. They now do crafts on that so clean up is a snap!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• YES!!!! I dont know any mother that would think it's not. Thats so cold, you child makes you soething from the heart and you worry about the mess? WOW! Better to have a memory/card and a mess now, then nothing to look back at and realized you missed all the best stuff later.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Is this how you will always evaluate their efforts to please you? If so, they will never be able to please you. Lighten up and enjoy the card. Stop being grumpy about it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009