What is this really about?

I am looking around to find information on what's really happening in our country. I realize that this swine flu thing is important, in a peripheral kind of way. People are going nuts over this thing. It seems as though there is a rediculous amount of news coverage on this and not much time for news about the running of our country. Is something being signed today? When is this card check thing falling on Obama's desk? I just have a bad feeling that the Obama administration will take advantage of this timing to sneak through some things (after all, it is a crisis).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• anon :28, what exactly is Obama doing so well? He is getting briefings just like the rest of us (although I am sure his are more detailed). He isn't visiting sick people, he isn't testing sick people, he hasn't even made a decision yet as to how to deal with a pandemic issue. And I would like to point out how arrogant you come off claiming that other's wish for something bad to happen just to say 'I told you so'. Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't wish harm on anyone, even those I strongly dislike. To claim you know what is in the heart of others is asinine.  And that's all this 'whiny bitch' has to say about that.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• 100 year old crisis, no less
    Anonymous

• I'm sure it couldn't be about people DYING or anything.
    Anonymous

• I know exactly what you mean!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT!

Has nothing to do with over 100 people worldwide dying and the fact that it's in several locations. It must be because Obama is about to do something sneaky. Better yet, I bet he is somehow responsible for the spread of it!
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 3:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Could it be, that we are not letting a good crisis go to waste??
    A hurried push to get Sebellius confirmed in wake of the terrible outbreak, bypassing all congressional questioning, regarding her shaky past? Tell me it isn't so!
    Your Dept. of Homeland Security is now taking care of the health issues. The office along with many others sit vacant, with unanswered telephones.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well......he was in close quarters with that Mexican that died from it.................
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/25/politics/main4968913.shtml?source=RSSattr=Politics_4968913
    Sorry, ya left the door wide open for me. Just had to do it.
    **President Barack Obama delivers a speech during a reception and dinner at the Museo Nacional de Antropologia in Mexico City Thursday, April 16, 2009. A man Obama met at the anthropology museum later died with flu-like symptoms, raising concerns about the president's exposure to the swine flu epidemic in Mexico. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says Obama's health has not been affected
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I know that people have been dying from this flu, but it's really not that different from people dying from other flu virus', right? So, what makes this such an event that every news station has to cover it 24/7? Seems a little out of proportion to me. Last week it was all about pirates. Now we have other countries banning imported PORK from the USA because it's called a SWINE FLU. It has nothing to do with pork. People are going a little bat-crap crazy.

Anonymous

• Would the world just stop if a boat carrying flu infested pigs was attacked by pirates carrying nuclear weapons made in china, and the words nuclear bomb was printed with lead based paint?
    Anonymous