Is it just me or has my kid not recoved from Spring Break!?

My 8 yr old son had Spring Break a couple of weeks ago and I can't seem to get him back on track. For example, in the morning he has certain "jobs" he needs to do. And he's usually pretty good about doing them. Since he spent a week with my mom during SB, everything is just a chore! Does anyone else have kids with risidual SB fever!?

TaiyoandMe

Asked by TaiyoandMe at 3:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• That's why longer spring breaks are NOT a good idea - ours is 2 weeks here. I know as a student, both in school and college, I could never really get back into the swing of things after spring break.
    Anonymous

• Im not in the specified age range, but my spring break here as 3 weeks long, and I could not wait to go back to school and get myself and my daughter back into the swing of everything.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Was it spring break that was the issue or spending time with your mom? My MIL doesn't have SS do anything, so when I get home, all the stuff he has to do while I'm home isn't done. If she did everything for him then no wonder he doesn't want to now.
    Anonymous

• Where do you live? Two to three weeks for SB, my dh & I would love this. We could actually go several places during that time. Our Spring Break was a Friday and a Monday--2 days. My children had no problems getting back into the swing of things.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I live in SO CAL. My mother has everything to do with it! No arguement there! Yesterday I told him times up! All privilages are going right out the door until summer!
    TaiyoandMe

Answer by TaiyoandMe at 2:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• wow 2 and 3 weeks for SB! I live in HOuston we lucky we still got a week. all other holidays getting cut down to shorter periods too.
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2009