How many pee diapers should an 11 month old have on average?

Saturday night I changed my daughters diaper right before she went to bed @ around 10:30. She woke up about 12 hours later and her diaper was barely wet, if at all wet. I changed her around noon b/c she had poopied and she was a little wet, but not much. I did not change her again until 8:30 or 9 last night. She had poopied then too, and was wet but not what you would think she should be if a diaper would have been on that long. This pattern has continued over until today. She is not running a fever, she is drinking her normal amounts of milk and I have been giving her more juice and sugar free koolaid because it has started to get hot here and she needs more liquids to compensate for the heat. No fever but grouchy but could be b/c of the heat.

I called the doctor and he is not worried about this. I made her an appt for Thursday, but that seems a little long to wait in my opinion. I am worried something is wrong. Thanks!!

prettypirhana

Asked by prettypirhana at 3:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she does sound a little off but not any huge worries if she is getting enough liquids then she should be fine! maybe she has a large bladder
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• offer a sippy of water here and there, especially on hot days. Maybe a couple of ounces
    Anonymous

• Milk is considered a solid, so you should be offering more water, or even watered down koolaid. Watch the juice intake because more than 6-8 oz a day can cause acidy poop and pee, which will cause a blistering diaper rash. Popcicles are another good way to add liquids when its hot. You can make your own if you dont like the store bought ones. It could be that she started getting a little dehydrated, and it will take a couple of days to get over it. Really offer her water when ever she will take it.
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 4:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009