Is this wrong of me?

My aunt gave a packet on why I should not have my son get vaccines. I did go though it, but I looked up all the illness, that she was trying to get me not to let my child get. I am still planning on letting him get his Hepatitis B shot after he is born. Is this wrong of me? And what do you all think about me not getting the chicken pox vaccine for my son when he reaches that age?

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You do whatever you feel is right for your child. I really don't see the problem in not getting the chicken pox vaccination. None of us got them and neither did my oldest kid. You did your research (which is more than a lot of parents do). You're making a educated decision that you feel is best for your kids.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 3:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It's totally up to you what you do with your kid.

I for one am for vaccinations.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think as long as you do your research you should do whatever you feel comfortable with. I am going to do the hepatitis B shot, but not chicken pox. I think that vaccines are important, but I also don't want to over vaccinate my kids.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• wll if you get the chicke pox vaccine your child can still get them it just makes it to where they wont get shingles....i got my daughter all the vaccines...so it all depends on your point of view and your beliefs...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009