Which diaper pail really works and which ones are not worth it?

boobers11

Asked by boobers11 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They are all a waste of money, just take them outside.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I had a diaper genie. It was awful! More than once the diapers leaked in it and the mess didn't stay in the plastic bag like it's supposed to. So, I had to empty the diapers from the genie, clean the floor where all the mess leaked everywhere, and throw the genie in the bathtub so I could scrub it down. Needless to say, after a couple times of doing that I just put them in the trash! lol. I still have the genie, because I can't find anyone that wants it! I would not recommend it.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• If you really want to try one without buying it, I suggest looking up a freecycle in your area, if you don't mind a used one. I just thought the Diaper Genie was a pain in the butt and the refills were inconvenient and expensive.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We had a diaper genie and hated it...Its easier to just bag em' and trash em' in outside trash can.
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 4:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• NO wait, there is one good one!!! It's called the Diaper Champ. We love it. You don't have to buy special inserts... you just use the regular trash bag. But it really works to keep the smell down. We only take diapers out once a week, and the moment you take the bag out is the ONLY time you smell them... Well worth the money ($30) and they don't keep taking your money by making you buys inserts over and over again.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with the pp. The Diaper Champ is the best diaper pail out there. Easy to use and it keeps the smell in until it's time to change the bag. We use odor absorbing trash bags and that seems to help when we have to change it.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• the cheapest one at babies r us works great, you dont need anything too complicated or expensive
    abbyl2490

Answer by abbyl2490 at 1:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2009