feel the same way

how many people knew they could love something as much as they love their children before they had them??? what was the first thing that ran through your head when you saw your baby for the first time??when i had my daughter she reached up and touched my face and i was so happy...my boyfriend cried...my first thoughts were that she was so perfect and beautiful

lilysmommy1408

Asked by lilysmommy1408 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Almost every new mother feels that way. and no one completely understands how far that love can stretch until they actually see and hold their angel. and the only reason i say almost every mother is because some women don't feel that way when there baby is born. whether it be from hormones changing or ppd or the baby blues.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I loved my daughter before I saw her, but when I finally heard her cry (I heard her before I saw her) it literally felt like my heart swelled and exploded with emotion lol. I cried so hard (as did my boyfriend.) I never had seen a more beautiful baby in my whole life. I love my boyfriend so much, and of course my family, but loving your own baby is a different kind of love, one you never can imagine until you hold them.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 3:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I didn't feel the instant connection that so many mothers do when they first see their baby. I wish I had but I was only 18 and didn't really comprehend it all at that point. I couldn't totally grasp the concept that she was MINE... that changed very quickly though and now I don't know what I would do without her. NOW I can't grasp the concept that I ever lived with out her! She's my world! =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 3:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i was 17 when i had lily and i still cannt believe she is mine because its different but its good like i know she is mine but i still cannt believe it every morning i wake p and look at her and its still hard to believe that she is really mine because my mom acts like she is hers and tells me im doing everything wrong or i need to do this or that and i dont live with her i mean i love her to death but the only good thing she has actually said to me was that i am a good mommy but she still keeps telling me that im not doing it right...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I never knew i could love anyone so much... it's amazing.
    I think my first thought was.... "so that's what he looks like" LOL
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• when my son was born he grabbed my finger and his daddy's finger and stopped crying because jus the touch of us calmed him and still to this day he is the same way.... every mom and dad think that their baby is beautiful tho.
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i didn't have that instant connection either. I wish I had! He was planned, I waited til I thought we were ready, did everything "correct' just never happened right away. sad...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009