Does your husband give you a gift for Mothers Day?

My husband always gives me flowers for Mothers Day. When we first married he would say-your not my mother why should I get you anything? He was just kidding- he gave me flowers. What do you usually get for Mothers Day?????

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Micheals craft store has projects for hte kids to do everyday from May 1st till the 10th. He is taking my kids to do several of them. I told him to make some for grandmommys too. But its all free, the only thing you have to buy for one of them is a t-shirt to decorate
    Anonymous

• Yea a kiss! ; ) money is always tight with us so if he doesn't get me anything i understand. Only because I hardly get him gifts eithier! It'll get better though....
    Anonymous

• Yes, always. Usually a card and some flowers.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 4:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yes. Cards and a mother's day cake, flowers or a plant we usually bar-b-q outside if it's a nice day and he does sweet romantic things too.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 4:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We usually go out for dinner but we do it on Monday because it is too busy on Sunday. But I don't get anything else...no flowers, gifts or even cards except from the kids that are in school (because they make them in class).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• He takes our boys and lets them each pick something out... He does the same thing for most Holidays. My Hubby isn't much on material things or holidays really, if it weren't for the kids he probably wouldn't do anything,lol I don't mind, he does enough for all of us to make up for it anyway!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 4:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'll have to check out Michael's... there's one not far away and that would be a great gift for the grandmoms.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• He gave him mom something for mom's day. My kids give me stuff for mom's day, but not him. That would be weird I think. I already have my birthday and our anniversary. Mom's day is for the kids to do something if it is just bring me breakfast in bed.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Oh no. When the girls were small he would take them to the store to "help" him pick out a card and gift for me. They usually had silly or expensive ideas so he would steer them into a general direction of price he had in mind.
    Now that they are teens they plan the day themselves. We usually go out for a "girls day" and do something nice together, even if it is just a walk through some flower gardens.
    This year is special because I am a first time Grammy and this is my oldest daughter's first Mother's Day. I'm thinking of getting her something special from her daughter from Things Remembered. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• A card with money and he'll attempt to cook dinner
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2009