C-section but contractions

I called my Dr. I told him I was having contractions about 15 minutes apart. I am supposed to be having a c-section. He doesn't want me to go into labor, which is what he told me, but he isn't concerned that my contractions are closer and stronger today, does this make sense? I don't understand why he won't just take the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• .....What child is this for you? And if it's #2 or subsequent is this a scheduled c-section or is there a health concern that would require a c-section?

I've known a lot of women who have had c-sections scheduled and gone into labor before their day. If there's no risk to the baby or mother, most of their doctors seem to be fine to let them choose whether or not they want to go ahead with the c-section early or try and give birth vaginally.

My best advice is just to call him again and update him on how you're feeling and while you have him on the phone ask what will happen if this is active labor....Good luck to you!
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 4:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Contractions are gonna happen no matter what. but just watch how close they are and how severe and keep updating your doctor.
    good luck sweety!!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 4:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• This is baby #3 for me. With baby #1 I had to have a c-section because of issues with the baby. With baby #2 I had a scheduled c-section, but my water broke and they said I was having contractions. I didn't feel anything. This is baby #3, and we have a planned c-section. I have told my doctor that I am having contractions, but he just kind of blew it off like it wasn't important. He wants to go ahead with the scheduled c-section. I can't deliver vaginally because the baby is breach and too big to turn around. He still wants to wait.
    Anonymous