i need your help how do u talk to your family member about there kid being in a reatilonship with some one and she only 16 and she told me about it and not them and she dating someone out her race my brother is a hard man what should i do

indianlove

Asked by indianlove at 4:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would talk w/ the kid again. Is she thinking you would tell your brother? Is that what she wants? Does she think you telling him would make things better for her? Was she just needing someone to share this with and for what reason? Children now a days are dating out of their race more frequently than when we were growing up. Is there truely anything wrong w/ it? It might not be the preference but the bottom line is her happiness. If she's happy and the relationship isn't unhealthy for her and she doesn't want you to tell your brother, don't for now, but let her know that you do not feel that is healthy for you & your brothers relationship. Tell her that it might be a secret you can't keep forever.
    chaster

Answer by chaster at 4:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have no idea what you just said.
    Anonymous

• I think you need some punctuation. Its too hard to tell what you're asking when it's one long sentence.
    Anonymous

• Gosh that is hard..it is your brother and that's his child. If anything happens to her he could be very upset with you and the fact that you knew and didn't tell him. Is there a problem with her dating outside of her race? And does the 16 year old want to tell her father but doesn't know how? If she does, i suggest you going over to your brother's house and tell her she has to talk to your brother but you are going to be there for support. Or even breaking your brother first without giving him details, just telling him "your daughter has something to tell you and she's afraid, if you flip on her she will never tell you anything again, so try to be calm and hear her out". Men and their child dating is a difficult subject..no one can ever look at their babies...I know my husband is the same way! good luck :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yea I agree withLuvmyFam6 you need to tell your brother this, even tho she's related to you she just might be upset with you, but that's ok.
    margodod

Answer by margodod at 5:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• what kind of person is your brother if he cares that she dates someone outside her race?
    Anonymous

• yea What kind of person is your brother..........There is alot of races out here WHO CARES Its not any more where whites are with whites and black are with blacks.. and hispanics are with hispanics.........Sorry dont work like that no more WERe in 2009 not 1947 or somthing
    Anonymous

• It is NOT your place to tell your brother, his daughter needs to do that. I would stay out of it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• who cares if she is dating someone outside of her race???

do her parents not want her dating at 16? is the boy too old or something? i don't get it?
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009