How do you find time to clean when you have a baby?

I do clean, but not like before the baby. He takes two short naps. I see people jogging with their baby, I am too tired. I do not use caffienne. I do alittle each day and it takes longer to shop and put things away. Any secerets???

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Don't feel like you should be super mom. It's impossible so get it out of your mind. You will feel a lot better if you know that there are no other moms out there who have a perfectly clean house and a baby!!! Definitely take advantage of the naps. You can put him/her in the crib and play the mobile. I put on the snuggly and tote him around. And sometimes you just have to let them cry for ten minutes while you finish something. I think If you are getting 3 or 4 things done in one day you are doing fine.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my kids go to the babysitters on mondays and fridays, gives me two days a week to catch up on cleaning and myself, get things done that can't be done with kids. like...showering lol. i only get to shower when they're gone! my hubby is deployed, so i'm doing it all by myself, with 3 large dogs, no less. so i live for mondays and fridays ;)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• my daughter spends all day friday at her memes house and then i can clean on friday and then i go work saturday and ick her up after i get out and i can get most of the housework done on friday then the rest of the week my boyfriend cleans up a little when he gets home and i do the same before i go to work because i work in the evenings from around 4:30 to about 10:30 at night so i clean when the baby is down for her morning nap
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would put them in their bouncer/swing/crib and clean.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with Peppermintmocha, I use my johnnyjump up, excersauser or just let him crawl around if I can watch him while I clean up. Pack and plays work well too for short periods of time too!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My husband! He's a clean freak! I'd say I'm pretty lucky.
    Anonymous