If you could visit Heaven for just ten minutes and then visit hell for just ten minutes would you want to?

There are many people that God has taken to Heaven and Hell and let them live to tell about it. If you could be that person would you want to? You cannot only pick one or the other.You would have to be okay with both or none at all.For whatever you choose(Yes or NO)will you explain why?Thank you.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • Oooooo, if you have to do BOTH to see one. then I might just choose to wait until death.

The thought of seeing hell scares me.
    Anonymous

• I would only want to stay in heaven, and know already that's where I will be when I die. I have heard descriptions of hell, and it is a horrible thing.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe in either, and I think that all accounts of people who think they have visited either of those places were psychologically induced. You know, kind of like a dream...
    Anonymous

• I have to say NO. I really have no desire to see the afterlife until after my lifetime is over and I am ready to go to the other side. I don't really feel the need to glimpse it or anything of the sort. I will go when it is my time.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 4:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well, I agree, I'd want to stay in Heaven, once I got there. Who wouldn't? Getting to worship God forever. Can't think of anything better than that. As to hell, I wouldn't want to go, mainly because it would be so very sad. To think that all the people there had to do was accept Jesus as Savior,and God as a reality to avoid being there,would just be very sad and overwhelming. I would have to say, if I had to go to both,and come back,I'd rather not, and just wait till I either die,and go to Heaven, or till Jesus comes back for His church.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I dont believe in hell nor in the christian version of heaven.

Would I want to visit either, if they did exist? No, Id rather keep learning here and be surprised later.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would have to agree that I am grateful I wasn't picked to see either. People of both sides say it was a painful,but necessary experience to share. As for the person who question these people's testimonies.You don't have to believe in any of them.Don't you think its more important on how many people have had them?The variety of the sources?The consistency of their experiences?

Funny so many people who have never met and from different backgrounds and states would share this one thing.Don't you think?

God bless.

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I will be going to hell in a matter of years. I would like to visit it to know what to expect. I really don't want to have to see heaven though.
    Anonymous

• "Don't you think its more important on how many people have had them?The variety of the sources?The consistency of their experiences?

Funny so many people who have never met and from different backgrounds and states would share this one thing.Don't you think?"

No.  See, it's all in the mind.  From a very early age most people are taught a pretty uniform version of what 'heaven' and 'hell' are, and they form pictures and ideas of it in their mind.

Anonymous

• I was never taught about heaven or hell in any description. So whose to say they were??

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009