Dose drinking castro oil and root beer really make you go into labor?

julisavy89

Asked by julisavy89 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not root beer i know that for a fact
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Castor Oil will only work if your body is on the brink of going into labor anyway. If you are dialated and effaced and on the edge, it will probably work. If you are not, it probably won't work.

Regardless, castor oil can make you sick.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• castor oil works sometimes...the it sent my cousin into labor it didnt work for me try it and the worst thing thats gonna happen is you will have to go to the bath room and you wont go into labor...it should send you into labor though
    Anonymous

• I drank castor oil but i was over due and didnt want to get indused but i know with in like 35 min my water broke. but good luck.
    Anonymous

• Dont do either one. I actually did do the castro oil..all i could think about is im miserable and i want this baby out! But..i only felt that way because i was a couple weeks past my due date. The day i did the castro oil i actually did go into labor. I also had placenta rupture and really bad stomach cramps. If your thinking about doing castro oil i would say wait and let nature take its course. Its better that way.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It has a higher chance of giving you diarrhea and cause vomiting. It's not a good idea, be patient.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have only heard that castor oil is A REALLY BAD IDEA and that it is actually not safe for the baby. But that is just what my doctor told me.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 4:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009