Can you tone up if.....

you don't diet? I try to do good but just can't. I tell myself everyday that i will start tomorrow and then tomorrow comes and I don't! I workout doing cardio and weights at the gym at 3 days a week. I don't need to lose weight, just tone up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think as long as you eat decent food, I don't see why not.Eat healthy most of the time and give yourself a treat every now and then.I'm not an expert.But you seem to me to be on the right path to success.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 4:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• By "diet" do you mean calorie restriction? Because if you are trying to tone up (which usually means lose a bit of flab and increase lean muscle mass) then you don't need to be hungry at all... but you do need to give your body the fuel it needs to get stronger and more defined. If you're not seeing the results you want, then you need to make changes - and probably your diet is key.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Of course! You should make sure that you are eating healthy foods and drinking plenty of water.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think as long as you have a balanced diet (don't restrict yourself too much) and work out , do lots of cardio, that you will see results. Good luck!!
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 7:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I suggest taking a dance class that works the muscles. As far as I know, cardio just helps you lose weight, but muscle work helps you really tone up. I am taking belly dancing classes once a week and practicing at home a little each day. That has helped me tone up alot recently. It just takes discipline and consistency. I know it can be hard sometimes, but you can do it!
    ilovepoms

Answer by ilovepoms at 8:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• ONE WORD...pilates!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 4:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2009