Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there any way i can keep my boyfriend out of jail?

i'm 16 and my boyfriend is 24. my mom wants him in jail, but i need him to help with the baby, and she's not getting that.


Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (13)
  • My husband is 11 years older then me. Dont listen to the rude comments about your ages. But, if your mom presses charges, since she is your legal gardian he will at least be arrested and have to stand trial for it. You could go as a character witness and say how you need him to help you through the pregnancy, and then show how you both plan to care for the baby. How much you both make, how you plan to care for baby and get the items you need etc. It might show the judge that you are serious and only get him probabtion. But he will most likely get arrested for at least a day or two if she does press charges.

    Answer by lasombrs at 6:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • If she presses charges I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • Are you guys still together? Is he a good guy? How long have you been with him?

    FYI-- you were's against the law...and he hopefully knew the risks he was taking. Sorry!

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • I would agree with your mom, if you are living at her home, under her care, you would have to go with that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • Sorry hon, but I agree with your mom. He obviously is not very responsible if he is dating someone underage, and didn't take the right precautions to not get you pregnant.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • your situation reminds me of mine, well with the exeption i wasnt pregnant, i was going out with my boyfriend he was 23 and he wanted to do things right but my parents simply didnt like him, now im married to him and they get along pretty well, has he done everything he can to prove your parents he honestly loves you and he's not just playing around? anyway you guys are having a baby and he needs to talk to your mom and let her see he wants to be responsible for the baby, it is unfair to take the father away from your kid, you need his support independently if your mom likes him or not. the baby is already there so there is no way of going back!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • Yeah, I agree with your mom. You are 16, he's 8 years older than you and should know better. He knew the risk when he had sex with you and he didnt take precautions to prevent this pregnancy. I understand that you need help, but he put himself in this position.

    Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • and i forgot to say, just because you are pregnant doesnt mean you have to be with him either, but if you guys truly love each other than go ahead and do everything possible for the well being of that baby, and age doesnt really matter here anymore, since there is a little one to care for now.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • You're 16 he's 24. That is called illegal. Statutory rape or indecency with a child depending on what state you are in. You say your mom 'doesn't get it'. I think it is you who isn't 'getting it'. What he did is a CRIME. If I were your Mom his butt would already be in jail.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • no sorry you rboyfriend should had knon better. you are underage . all anyone has to do is say something to the police anyone from your mother drs nurses heck even a friend . once the police find out then im sorry he is in ALOT of trouble.

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

Next question in Pregnancy
hmm.: /

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Any moms in NM or AZ?