im having braxton hicks contractions now and i am only 25weeks pregnant...did you have them this early ?....is it normal or should i be worried?

i was having contractions a couple of weeks ago and i was worried so i went to the doctor and he said that i was fine because i wasnt dialating or anything.....but since then i have benn having more and more of them and i called my doctor but i haent gotten a call back from him yet.....is there anything i can do to make them stop? is it a bad thing to have them this early? i really want to know because i am worried and i just want my baby to be ok

proudmama2be88

Asked by proudmama2be88 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had them alot when i was 25 weeks..they told me i needed to drink more water lay on my left side and relax. They went away after that. GL hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• yes i also had them that early...
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 4:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I had them too start at about 23-24weeks.
    Anonymous

• It's perfectly normal. I had them early also, if they are very strong and you are concerned, lay down for awhile and they should go away. As long as there is no heavy bleeding and severe pain everything is fine, rest easy. Good Luck!
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 4:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I had them early as well. If they get stronger and closer together than call your doctor, other than that you're just fine. I would have them throughout the day every day, but they never got any more intense so I didn't worry.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Totally normal! Make sure you're well hydrated and rested, and if you're still getting them, then that's just how it is for you. I got them around 20 weeks with my first, and they were a regular part of my pregnancy from then on. With each pgcy I've gotten them sooner and sooner - my fourth I started noticing them at about 10 weeks, before I even felt his kicks. Starting around 6 months, I can even time them LOL... I've gone to term each time (even 10 days past my due date once!)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I also started having them at 25weeks (29 now), I have a history of miscarriage and early labor so my doc sent me to the ob triage at the hospital. I was getting them there but they were mild and I was not dialated so I got sent home. I am getting them now and they are painful but not consistent so I just put up with them. Damm those BHs! It's been 8 years since my last baby..so I guess I am getting some practice for the real thing...lucky me :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009