Should I be worried about a Floppy Larynx?

My 3 mo daughter suffers from a floppy larynx. The drs say that it is moderate and will get worst before it gets better. If it turns severe then they will operate. Should I be worried? It seems like it is getting worse really fast. I don't want to be that over reacting new mom, but I'm really worried... especially since they told me to watch her and make sure whe doesn't turn blue... I feel like I'm sitting here waiting for her to turn blue... They are concerned enough about it that I had to change her feedings... every bottle has to have rice in it and I have to give her a anti-reflux medication and she can't lay flat at all. It just seems that if it wasn't a big deal then they wouldn't be having me do all this... She has an appointment with the airway scpecialist in 3 days but I'm still terrified... ANY HELP????

mandsfaulk

Asked by mandsfaulk at 4:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would be. Just reading the question freaked me out. Just trust that the doctors know what they are doing!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Nope! She will outgrow it. My son had a floppy trachea and it's gone now. He's 9 mo
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009