I have been to the doctor...

I do not like to be hot. I can't even take a steamy shower. When I get hot, I become dizzy, sluggish, exhausted, and I get migranes. I have asked my doc many times if there is anything I can do about this, and she seems to think that I am making it up. I did read somewhere that there is something like a heat allergy, but I can't remember, and I am not a hypochondriac. I had always thought I felt like this because I was overweight, or dehydrated. But, there was one summer when I was very thin, and taking care of myself, eating right, and drinking lots of water. I still felt like crap, I worked in a factory, and thought I was going to die everyday. Is there anyone else who is the same way?? How do you cope? I hate feeling like this, and it has gotten worse now that I am pregnant. I am miserable! Please help lol, maybe if it IS a real condition, I can tell my doc so that she will believe me.

IzzysMommy87

Asked by IzzysMommy87 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe an iron problem .
    even tho you eat right and take care of your self you can still be animic(SP?)
    they should check your blood .
    also if your dr isnt lstening to you then honey honestly find a new one fast. if hse doesnt believve you now what if something really serious happens?
    as for theproblem try eating iron full foods and try an iron supplement .
    i get that feeling only when im pregnant. but that is what was wrong with me .. ihope you fel better . good luck !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I did a Google search "Extreme Heat Sensitivity". There were a ton of results with the same symptoms you have. One that particularly bothers me mentioned MS, which is extremely important to diagnose early.
    I recommend finding a new doctor for a second opinion. It is not your doctor's job to determine if you are faking, it is his job to determine what's wrong whether his patient is 'faking' or not.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 5:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It could also be a heart condition. Find a new doctor and demand answers.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009