Does anyone know of a type of coffee that is easier on the stomach, and not so strong?I am sick of getting sick everytime I drink it.

I keep askin questions about coffee, only cause I need it!! but it makes me sick. But I am a full time student, I work, and I have 19 month old!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!

LainysMommy

Asked by LainysMommy at 5:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Black tea is full of caffeine too. Try those canned coffees where you add water, the French Vanilla in a tin can. Coffee is acidic so it can be rough on your stomach.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Maybe try a different brand, Folgers also has a lighter version called Simply Smooth and that one worked better on my tummy.

RMSA3.png picture by RMSAAdmin

RMASAdmin

Answer by RMASAdmin at 5:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I know how you feel. I use to be a big tea drinker but after I had my baby coffee would only do.

I tried starbucks and that was way to strong for me, and then I discovered Foldgers flavoured coffees.

I like Hazelnut the best, the have many other flavours too depending on your taste.

I hope that helps.

brownie75

Answer by brownie75 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I was going to suggest chicory because it has a coffee flavor but is great for the stomach and digestion... but it has no caffeine. Perhaps you can add some to your coffee to balance out the effect on your stomach? Chicory is amazingly good for you in a lot of ways.
    Adding some tonic teas to your diet might also bring your nutritional reserves up and maybe you will notice more energy and alertness with less caffeine. In addition to chicory, nettle and alfalfa are great teas for "strengthening your blood" and really helped when I was completely rundown physically, mentally, and emotionally. Also a good B-complex supplement, lots of iron and protein in your diet, and good doses of Vitamin C can help a lot. All this can be ordered from Vitacost.com - their prices tend to be the best!
    I was useless on the coffee question but thought I'd weigh in anyway... it sounds like you've got a lot going on and need all the help you can get!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• try caffeine free
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• There is a type by Foldgers that is easier on the stomach. Something about Simply Smooth or something like that. You can also try the coffee that is half regular and half decaf.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with the Simply Smooth... My Mom has heart burn and coffee used to really upset but the Simply Smooth doesn't bother her at all .Worth a shot!
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i'm not really sure about what coffees are easy on the stomach.. i LOVE coffee though. i drink whatever brand is cheap lol..i love Folgers though. have you ever tried iced coffee? McDonalds has awesome vanilla iced coffee. i didn' t think i would like cold coffee, but i was shocked that it tasted that good. maybe that would work if you can't find something else.
    deesbabygabe

Answer by deesbabygabe at 2:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009