Does your religion/beliefs affect how many kids you'll have/want or what birth control method you use?

I am asking because I had trouble conceiving #1. I was attending revival and the service was about symbolically opening up the barren wombs. Well, for me it was literal, but I prayed and begged God that night to be able to conceive, and I found out I was pregnant the very next morning. (Praise God!!) Now we are trying for #2. It's would be too soon for most people, but for us, we will take what God gives us. If He will allow me to conceive again, that is awesome with me!

Do you leave these things up to the Lord? Or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow! What an awesome testimony! I believe that God allows certain situations to happen for our own personal development in getting to know him. This may have been what you needed to give you unwavering confidence in God. I met this one lady who could not conceive because of past chemo treatments. Well to make long story short, she and other saints were praying only to found out she was pregnant with twins. God never cease to amaze me. He is just soooooooo great!

mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Nah, I never believed that God has ANY place in my bedroom or my reproductive life, HE isnt the one raising them lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with zakysmommy. My religion has nothing to do with the number of kids I have. My finances on the other hand... LOL. Good luck to you though. The second is usually easier to get. Start taking prenatals now to give your body a boost.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Oh and as for birth control I have been cut and burned closed. Did you know that human flesh burning smells like pork ?? Mmm pork chops...
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Oh yea, finances dictate ALOT lol, that and the fact that pregnancy was hard for me and my second child was UBER cranky lol, those all had a deciding vote, OH that and my hub was VERY against having more than 2 children lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No, I dont think our reasons for using/not using birth control was from religious reasons even though both of us are Christian. Dh did have a vasectomy, which was reversed later after we lost a child, but we've decided that its up to God whether we have any more. It's been several years. We would be thrilled if God chose to bless us with another child, but are okay if our family size stays the same as well (We have one son).
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• but to answer your question. I do. I believe that each child your bring into the world has a purpose in the kingdom of God and He has the final answer on the amount of children you have. I have actually known couples that have had their tube tied and had more children.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well my brother and his wife decided no more kids so my brother got a vasectomy. They are unexpectedly pregnant- his vas failed.

I think it is funny that people can say all they want, no more for us and god will give you what he thinks is best for you.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Finances and age were our determining factor not the Divine.

We dont feel the Divine really gives a darn as long as any children brought into our family are loved and well taken care of.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have 7 children but it's because I wanted them not because I believe BC is a sin, also I don't believe that God makes a woman pregnant. Yes, I have heard women who had sex outside of marriage and Christian, claim if God didn't want them to be pregnant they wouldn't have had a Baby but that it was God's Will, I don't believe God causes someone to sin so they would have a baby.......
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009