FUSSY BABY IS STRESSING ME TO THE MAX

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT MY SONS FUSSYNESS HE JUST HAD A BOTTLE DIper change ibufrophen and teething jel he wont stop fussing and its driving me crazy what can i do to get him to stop he is not a colicky baby the ped said he was to old for that now

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the meds were givin to hin about an hour and a half ago
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• he could just have gas and cant get it out.. just try to relieve that if that doesnt work just let him cry for a few minutes to calm your self down then pick him up and comfort him again it always works for me
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Did you give him gas drops too?? You know it's a rather uncomfortable feeling when you're bloated and gassy. Just have to wait it out mama. Let dad or family take him for awhile so you can de stress
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My children get fussy from food I eat like dairy(I breastfeed). If he is formula feed has he recently tried a new brand? Or a new food? If he is on dairy based try soy based or vise versa. Could it be gas? Pump his legs. You could try gripe water or Infants' Mylicon for gas.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Not sure how old is too old for colic but my son cried ALL Day for 6 months then most of the days til he was 1 - ask for help, walk away if you know he's ok - take a breather - have a glass of wine or something to help relax you - I had the worlds toughest child I swear to everything!!! Its ok to get frustrated but they truly aren't doing it to make you mad. relax... just hang in there.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• does he like baths? my daughter will forget all about all her sorrows when she's in a warm bath
    MamaMinpy

Answer by MamaMinpy at 6:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have heard that chiropractic works wonders for colic
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 8:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009