MY DAUGHTER IS HAVING TWINS, DR. SAID NO MORE WORK

HOW CAN SHE GET HER HUSBAND TO DO ALL THE LAUNDRY, AND COOKING AND CLEANING. HE WAS RAISED TO BELIEVE THE WIFE WAITS ON THE HUSBAND. HELP>>>>>>>>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• even men that are raised that way know that when it comes to the child he should help . my husband ws raise that way i am a stay at home mom that cooks and cleans and he says his job is the providing.
    just tell him she has to be on bedrest , have the dr tell him if you have to .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• not sure but hope she finds a way the babies and her are more important than what he grew up learning
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Have the doctor speak with her husband, and make sure the ddr knows he needs to stress the why it is so important, all the risks if she does not get the rest she needs.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• oh lol forgot to add that in this pregnancy when i was on bedrest for the majority he did everything , and loved doing it. he still is til i heal up because my dr said up and down til im better.

you would be amazed of how (yes even men raised that way) they will be understanding and willing to help .
    if not hten he is just a jerk , and like i said have the dr tell him if you have to
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree and think the doctor should explain it to him and let him know that the health of her and the babies depends on her being able to rest and relax as much as possible. And even though he might not believe in men doing housework, that this is a different kind of circumstance. I'm sure he will understand. I would hope he isn't one of those men that think no matter if a woman is pregnant, sick, etc that she still needs to be doing all the housework.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My husband was raised the same. But when I've been on bedrest, he's been husband and wife rolled into one! He's been wonderful. He cooks, cleans, and takes EXCELLENT care of me. If your son-in-law doesnt respect that his wife needs time off her feet and to care for their children, then the doctor should get involved.
    Anonymous