• In the Spotlight:

Pesto Burgers

I was messing around in the kitchen the other night and came up with a new burger...at least I think it's new. I decided to add pesto, parsley and basil and garlic, to my burgers. I still put in my onion powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. To my superise it was delicious. My SO loved it and wanted to take some to his parents. I was hoping some one else might try the recipe and let me know what they think about it. I thought it was good, but would like others input!

rugratsmommy4

Asked by rugratsmommy4 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I used to run a similar burger as a lunch special from time to time at the last restaurant I worked at. I think you mean that you mixed it in w/ the ground beef though. I'd top the burger w/ a good thick pesto (panko is great for that) add a slice of smoked gouda, broil it and serve it on foccacia with a roasted garlic aioli.
    Mixed in or topped- either way, it's great. As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong w/ pesto! Personally, I'd skip the worchestershire and use balsamic instead, but that's just me. =) Anyway, sounds like a great burger!
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 4:09 AM on May. 2, 2009