teething

what are the signs of teething

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes the gum lines take on a whiter color where the teeth are to come in. Babies try to chew on everything like your hand, fingers, their own hand or fingers. Some crankiness, maybe a low grade temp.

RMSA3.png picture by RMSAAdmin

RMASAdmin

Answer by RMASAdmin at 5:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Drooling also - my son never chewed but that seems to be the most common. He also gets a fever and that's consistant with every tooth
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My daughter is teething now and she has constant diahrrea and fevers. She sometimes has a runny or stuffy nose. I kept taking her into the dr because I thought she was sick but dr said it is her teething
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 5:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• The gums will usually flaten out, and alot of times the tooth will pop through on the back side of the gum then work its way up.Drooling is also a sign, but not always a reliable indicator. My neice started drooling and chewing about 6months, but didnt get a tooth untill almost 16 months. Some babies will pull at their ears also.Teething tablets seem to work pretty well. Alot of Drs blame teething on quite a few problems, so if you think there might be something wrong have a follow up appt.
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 7:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009