Have any of you heard of the "Give Act"?

You've GOT to google it! Obama has been keeping it very hush hush... and you'll see why. I'm getting some BAD vibes from this! For those of you who know about it, feel free to share here; whether you're for or against it. And if you hold on a sec, I'll get the rest of you some good links...

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 5:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I want to share, but computer do not offer smell-o-vision, yet. MEATY!
    Anonymous

• What are you talking about, Anon??
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• sorry, im doped up on pcp
    Anonymous

• I did find this:
    Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education= G.I.V.E.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It's HR 1444, called the Congressional Commission on Civic Service Act and indeed they want to make service required. They do not call out punishment for refusal to volunteer, however they are trying to make it very undesirable to Not volunteer. Things like making it required to volunteer if you want a loan, a drivers license, social security and such. However you will still be able to get welfare without it. So those that aren't interested in working for money, or for free will not be affected.

Anonymous

• Oh, and Anon... stop being a Troll, or I will have you removed. Form an opinion, or leave my post.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• The actual GIVE act doesn't call out the requirement, but HR 1444 will try to accomplish that very soon (it's trying to make it's way through congress folks). Call and write your elected officials.
    Anonymous

• (That obviously wasn't for you Anon 5:50)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Ok... how can the government force someone to volunteer?? They wouldn't be volunteering.. they would have been drafted. Right?
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No worries. That other anon has been around all day smelling and tasting herself, and then describing it for the rest of us. Pretty gross. Wonder if it's spring break in some parts of the country.
    Anonymous