I have a question?

Ok so when i was married in 2003 i got a house with my ex hubby well it didnt work out on the house we bought it. HE filled bankrubsy but i didnt do you think that is still on my credit? 6 yrs later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• i honestly don't know, but i do know that the " free credit report" isn't really free..and there is a thing called the "statue of limitation" { i don't know about where you live but here it is 7 yrs} if you haven't tried to settle it or pay on it..sorry i couldn't help more
    have a nice day :)
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 10:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Go to free credit report .com
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Bankruptcy can stay on your credit history for up to 10 years. Sometimes loan companies are lenient after 7 years as long as you have had no bad credit issues since the 7 years.

RMSA3.png picture by RMSAAdmin

RMASAdmin

Answer by RMASAdmin at 5:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You didnt sign any paperwork did you?
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• The house was in my ex husbands name I think i might have signs some papers cant remember
    Anonymous

• Most likely it's on your credit as well. But you can get a copy of your credit report to find out.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 7:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• If you were still married when the house was purchased, it impacts your credit too.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• www.freecreditreport.com is free but they sign you up automatically for a membership that has monthly fees and apparently its a hassle to unregister for that program. Don't go there! You are entitled to a free credit report each year the website to go to www.annualcreditreport.com its the real site to go to for your free report. Go there and see what it says. Check all three companies Equifax, Transunion and Experian. GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009